Friday, February 6, 2009

3rd Annual Bloody Valentine Massacre

The countdown to the biggest chocolate holiday of the year has begun. I could bitch about how Valentine's day is a farce created to sell cards and candy and all that stuff. I could complain about how holidays like V day make people who aren't in relationships feel inadequate and depressed. Or I could wax poetic about the beauty of love between two people that culminates in a grande gesture on this day of love. But who the fuck am I kidding? To hell with all of it.
I'm counting down til the 3rd Annual Bloody Valentine Massacre. That's what I'm looking forward to! The return of Christpuncher has me stoked! When a friend first told me about CP and how much fun it had been when they played I was intrigued. Upon further investigation , I learned about the dressing up, which is right up my alley, and all the shenanigans involved in making CP the spectacle its meant to be. Who doesn't love 70's and 80's metal covers performed by some of our favorite local rockers.....in costume!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

The cast of characters is:
Fred Zepplin - Guitar
Frip Ronson - Guitar
Ricki Dickerson - Lead Vocals
Roxi Balboa - Guitar
Fuckin' A - Drums
Bobby Hammersmith- Bass
That's right, I wanna see Elvis in her Roxy Balboa wig, Leighton with an inverted cross shaved in his chesthair and Andy in the notorious leather pants. I can't wait to see Box belting out Hell Bent for Leather, banging his wig-covered head. And this new lineup features Downtown Jess on bass and my favorite drummer, Al King.

But that's not all the Bloody V entails....there will be hot, sexy dead burlesque dancers, DJ's Chuck Damage and Scarboni spinning tunes as well as a performance by the Gepetto Files puppets to creep you out.
Photobucket

This is NOT a show to be missed! This is what V day is about, screw the chocolates...gimmee the blood!

Elbow Room, Washington Street in Ypsilanti
Saturday February 14, 2009.
Blood blood blood and rawk!


I'll be there front and center, in my finest 80's hair band groupie gear! Where will YOU be?

No comments:

Post a Comment